I was born in All Saints Hospital in Chatham Kent. My family all live in the area and where in the forces when I was little, so I have lived in a few different places before returning to settle in Kent. I have always worked in Jobs that have supported people and as I entered my thirty’s I found myself interested in mental health. I think this came with more questions than answers. I had always found myself in conversations with people going through struggles, being that listening ear but having not much to respond with. I had life experience but how do you really help someone? really understand how to give real support to people struggling. I decided to find out how to become a counsellor and as they say the rest was history. I studied at Dartford Inter-psyche which is a counselling school with a fantastic reputation and graduated after three years.
I started off as a counsellor for a charity, then moved to become a manager and now I also run a private clinic. I enjoy doing them all. Outside of my job I like outdoor actives and am always heading off to go for bike rides, swimming or exploring national parks. I also love restaurants and cooking basically anything to do with food. I have learnt that these are the things that help me to feel grounded and balanced in my life. My selfcare routine. I aim to help my clients in finding their own along their journey into therapy.
I am a great believer in finding what works for you, for one person it might be a quiet meditation but for another it might be singing in the car at the top of there lungs!
Victoria Spicer Registered MBACP, Dip. Integrative Counselling.
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling – NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills – NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
- CATT: Children’s Accelerated Trauma Treatment. This also covers adults suffering with single trauma, complex trauma and PTSD.
- Extensive training on working with adult and children, victims and survivors of sexual abuse and/ or rape.
- Bereavement and the grief processes.
- Certificate in the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.
- Certificate in the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Sexual Exploitation.
- Play therapy/Sand tray work.
- Suicide Prevention.
- I have also been a Counsellor and Helpline Manager for Family Matters Charity UK. in which I managed phone counsellors who provide assistance to the public in times of crisis.
- I currently spend a day of my week running The Active Listening Service at The Grand in Gravesend. As counsellor as part of a locally funded counselling service. It offers free counselling support for young persons between 11 -19 years old in that region who are struggling with their mental health.
Get in touch.
Contact me to book an appointment or a phone consultation to see how counselling can help you.